Willie Jolley Affiliates Banner #1
Nightingale-Conant

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Word of Advice

Wow what a last few days it as been, now at last I have a little time to catch my breath and add a little more to my blog, firstly my thanks to Ina for leaving me a such nice comment.

I am writing my blog from Spain, our study window looks out on to a view of the National Park and the Mountains, the sun is shining and as I’m writing you can hear the drone of our generator in the background. The generator is supplying the electricity to my computer. Who said running a business from home was going to be easy.

Many people going into business are overwhelmed by the belief they have to start from scratch. In other words; they think they have to reinvent the wheel. Trying to reinvent the wheel is a big waste of time. People think “what can I do that no one as ever done before”? But unless you are a technological genius, like Bill Gate or James Dyson forget it.

For most people starting a business, you simply need to answer the question: “How can I do something better?” or “How can I do it differently from the other guy doing it over there”? Well now you know that you don’t need to reinvent the wheel, you can get on with starting and growing your business.

We all need encouragement to carry on, just Remember the Road to Success is always under Construction. But don’t worry – success is like oxygen – it keeps you going. There are many roads to Success this is just one of them. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first step.

Running your own business is neither as mysterious as some would have you believe, nor as risky as legend would have it. But it is a journey that is best not taken alone.

If you are looking to start up in business or already up and running, please visit my blog again soon as I hope we will start on our new journey together.
http://www.ourhelpyoursuccess.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post. I want to run my own business soon, so I'll keep this in mind. Even though I've been wanting to run my own business for a long time now, this is all fairly new to me. I can use all the help I can get. Lately I've been thinking about buying a business instead of starting one from scratch. I'm not entirely sure how I would go about it. A franchise? Home-based? I don't know. Do you have any advice or suggestions? Thanks.

Home Business Blog said...

Hi Kim

Hope you come back to read my blog. Visit my website for more help on starting your journey into setting up your own business

Alan Thomas's blog said...

Sounds like you have a lovely view from your house. It is nice to have comfortable surroundings when starting a home business.

Alan Thomas / Simple Work From Home Blog