Willie Jolley Affiliates Banner #1
Nightingale-Conant

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Snow, Snow and more Snow

The best laid plans of mice and men

Snow, Snow and more Snow

Part 3: For the last week we have had SNOW. Thursday the first day we had
four inches in three hours every thing looked fantastic, just like
a christmas card. The second day the internet went down not to be
seen again untill today Tuesday.

We have used a months wood in one week so now we will have to
stock up with more, it's a good job we live in the National Park.

The previous weeks gails brought down several trees, the forest
commission send men out to cut them up into logs and they always
leave plenty for the locals to collect you just have to know where
they leave them.

So that is our next job first dry day we have.

The dogs loved it they have never seen snow and thought it was
great fun, chickens poor things could not understand it and
stopped laying their eggs and the sheep they just went into
their barn and stayed there.

I've taken pictures on my mobile just need to find disc to download
them to my laptop

The locals say the last time it was like this was thirty years ago and
never as early as November,

Who would have thought we live in Sunny Spain still every cloud as a
Silver Lining I got all my housework done, no washing but I caught
up with my ironing and more important I have caught up with my writing.


Please pop by again and don't forget to leave a comment.

No comments: